Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Honest What Award?

My blogging mentor, Miss Kitty (ks) laid a weight upon me as it was laid upon her by The Townhouse Lady, a blog she really enjoys. The "honest scrap award" (really, I typed this 3 times before I got crap to be scrap) involves three things: linking to the website of the person giving you the award (follow honestscrap link) while muttering over and over "thanks a lot pal", share 10 honest things about yourself, and finally lay the charge on 7 others with cool blogs. (Sorry I can't do this one as I haven't done this enough to find seven - but if you read this and think I should read your blog, give me a comment and I will check you out).





She's a great mentor and is the reason I started writing a blog, but coming up with 10 truths and deciding just how honest dare I be, was a challenge. But I will not let you down Miss Kitty so here is my best shot.

1. I don't like to be wrong. I try to make myself feel better about this fault by blaming it on my authoritarian parents who always found fault. I was "always wrong" growing up, even though my passionate teenage heart said I was right.

2. I like to be alone doing meditative like tasks such as gardening or walking or even cleaning and just letting my mind wander and fantasize.

3. I am shy. Don't want to say anymore about that.

4. I am nervous around heights - ladders and cliffs make my stomach head for my throat.

5. I have spent two thirds of my life with the same man, my husband Dave. That really blows me away.

6. I love kids but love them best when they are someone else's and potty trained. So no, we never had kids, but I believe we all, whether they are ours or not, have responsibility for all of our children and right now, we are letting them down, a lot!

7. I can't watch a sad animal movie (aka Old Yellar) or read a sad animal story without crying. There is a short story I read some years ago about testing of the atom bomb and a dog who is on the testing range - and that's as much as I can say about that, I still can't think about it. We domesticate animals, made them rely on us and love us and when we are cruel or let them down, it breaks my heart. There was a dog story on the news last night about a starved, beaten dog thrown out of a moving car. The dog is rescued by a passerby and taken to a shelter and is now recovering. How can people be so cruel is the first question that comes to mind but the fact that the dog still demonstrates trust of the humans caring for him - how can that be? We humans would go to war! So who is the more evolved? Why can't we all just get along?




8. I believe I have something important (maybe only important to me, I don't know) to do and that I need to embark on that journey very soon. I am nearly ready. It will mean big changes in my life.

9. I own too much stuff. We all do, but I know better and still I have it.

10. I absolutely, positively can not Sing - dam it.

4 comments:

  1. I love this!
    You did a fantastic job.
    Do you feel cleansed?
    I like #2 and #6 especially.
    Now you can move on with your life.
    Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the honest sCRAP award specifies that you link to the person who gave it to you, not to the person who gave it to the person who gave it to you. THAT's me. That's the thanks I get!!
    The Townhouse Lady gets a link and not me. We'll just see what other awards I give you. I'm checking for some now.
    Alas, the link to my blog that everyone is rushing to read is in the above comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The honest scrap link goes to your blog ks, sorry I didn't link by name and make it more clear. And really, you must learn to share the limelight. Still you are a fine mentor and I shall not cast thee aside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to start using the expression, "my stomach heads for my throat" I like it. thanks

    ReplyDelete